If you have any queries, questions or just want to talk to someone in Whangarei, come in and see us - 53 Port Road, or you could give us a call - 09 438 5472, or perhaps send us an email.
Unlike other telecommunication companies, we speak your language, and can chat about rugby and Northland’s weather while we answer your questions.
Have a Question?
Q: How can I manage my services?
You can view your current broadband usage, change your broadband plan, add/change/remove voicemail, view your phone account and purchase extra data by visiting http://my.ubernet.co.nz
If you havent set up a log on for http://my.ubernet.co.nz already; please follow the steps below. Please note: you must be at home on your Uber connection to set up my.ubernet for the first time: you can’t do this remotely.
Step 1: Open this link.
Step 2: Click on the button ‘Activate my.ubernet’, enter your email address and click ‘Activate Account’.
You’ll receive an email from us with a link: click the link and enter your login name (quick tip: your login name is the email address that we email you on) and the password you want to use; repeat the password in the second box.
Step 3: Submit this form, then presto, you’re done!
Q: How can I alter my payments?
- If you have a direct debit set up with us (where we arrange to debit the amount you owe each month, which may vary, from your nominated bank account) you will need to give us a call to change your payment type to credit or debit card. If you have this type of arrangement you will have filled out a direct debit form and sent it to us.
- If you pay by credit or debit card (we charge the amount owing each month to your nominated credit card) and want to make changes to your credit or debit card details, give us a call or email.
- If you have an automatic payment (for the same amount each month) set up and you need to change it because you have changed your plan or your bank account, you’ll need to contact your bank to cancel your automatic payment and then contact us to change your payment type to credit or debit card.
- For all new connections and any changed payment arrangements we offer only credit card or debit card as a method of payment, to allow for the total automation of our payment systems.
Q: How do I use Voicemail?
You can add or remove voicemail, change your pin, change the length of ring time before voicemail kicks in, and add and remove calling plans through my.ubernet.co.nz
To access your voicemail messages using your Uber Group phone line:
- Pick up your phone wait for a dial tone
- Dial *97
- When prompted, enter your pin number followed by the # key (If you don’t know your pin contact Uber Group and we can reset it for you)
- To listen to your messages press 1.
When a message is playing you can press * to rewind 3 seconds, # to fast forward 3 seconds and 0 to pause/resume message playback
During or after message playback you can do the following:
- Press 5 to repeat the current message.
- Press 6 to play the next message.
- Press 7 to delete the current message.
To change your message or pin:
- To change your pin, at the main menu press 0 then 5, following the prompts.
- To change your voicemail message, dial 0 then press 1, following the prompts.
To access your voicemail from any other phone dial your phone number, wait for your voicemail message to play then press the * key and enter your pin when prompted
Q: How do I set up Call Forwarding?
To enable Call Forwarding:
- Pick up the phone and wait for a dial tone
- Dial the Code that relates to the call forwarding type you want to enable (see below)
- Wait till you hear a higher pitched dial tone
- Dial the number you want the calls forwarded to
- Wait for the double beep,
- Hang up.
You will now hear a series of 6 beeps when you pick up the phone to make calls. These beeps remind you that call forward is active.
To disable Call Forwarding:
- Pick up the phone and wait for a dial tone
- Dial the Code that relates to the call forwarding type you want to disable (see below)
- Wait, you will hear the normal dial tone
- Call forwarding is deactivated.
Call forwarding type
Forward all calls
Forward calls only when on the phone
Forward calls only when not answered
Q: How do I answer using 'Call Waiting'?
Most modern handsets can handle call waiting just fine. When on a call, if you hear an occasional beep it means a call is waiting. To answer it, locate the ‘flash’ or ‘talk’ button your phone, and press it. This will put your current call on hold so you can answer the second call. If that doesnt work you will need to consult your telephone handset manual for complete instructions. If you don’t have a manual you may need to research your particular telephone handset on Google for instructions.
Q: What are your Terms and Conditions?
Q: Email settings
If you have an email address with a provider such as Spark (eg [email protected]) or Farmside ([email protected]) you will need to contact the company that provided your email address to get the correct settings you need to put into your email program. If you have previously used one of these companies for your internet and email you won’t be able to copy the same settings across directly.
If you don’t have an email address or you want or need to change your email address, we recommend Google’s Gmail service as it is free, secure and offers many useful features. You don’t need any other email software if you use Gmail, although you can use a gmail email address with other software if you want to. This is a little more complex to set up and we are happy to provide contact details for computer support firms who can help you.
Some of our existing customers may still have an @ubernet.co.nz email address (we no longer provide new @ubernet.co.nz email addresses). If you have an @ubernet.co.nz address and need to set up your email again, please use the guides below.
Outgoing mail server: mail.ubernet.co.nz (only valid for customers with an @ubernet.co.nz email address)
Please use your full email address for your username, eg [email protected]
Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124
Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199
Q: What are my calling rates
To see rates for all destinations, click here.